!997 GTX not quite right

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon J

I am new to the PWC world and just got given a 97 GTX and a 97 XP. The GTX runs but doesnt get up on plane quick and bogs down under load. Also it seems like it is running rich(smoking and fuel consumption). I have tried a few things I have read in the forum,cleaning carbs and rave valves,changing plugs and a few more small things. I am not sure where to check next? There does seem to be some small nicks in the impeller and I havent really looked at the wear ring yet. I am thinking this may be the next thing to check being there does seem to be some cavitation in acceleration and especially trying to pull a tube. Any and all advice would be appreciated.

I am new to the PWC world and just got given a 97 GTX and a 97 XP. The GTX runs but doesnt get up on plane quick and bogs down under load. Also it seems like it is running rich(smoking and fuel consumption). I have tried a few things I have read in the forum,cleaning carbs and rave valves,changing plugs and a few more small things. I am not sure where to check next? There does seem to be some small nicks in the impeller and I havent really looked at the wear ring yet. I am thinking this may be the next thing to check being there does seem to be some cavitation in acceleration and especially trying to pull a tube. Any and all advice would be appreciated.
Did you clip plug wires back? Unscrew the boots on the wires and snip off about 1/4 inch and screw the boot back on. Make sure you get the boot all the way seated on the wire. Hows the compression? Smoking and high fuel consumption with low power can be a sign of low compression.

i just checked compression and its 135 on the #1 cylinder and 145 on the #2. I will try cutting back the wires and see what that does. Thanx.
J

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back