99 gsx limited jet cone

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid

Last night I had a chance to work on the ski and pulled off the cone to change the oil. I had some water in the oil and the anti rattle device was actually out of its location wedged down in the cone. I did not seat the spring when i put it together.

My question is that the manual states to use loctite 518 but there are better products out there for sealing . Do you guys use anything different?

Also can i use synthetic 90wt gear lube or reg gear lube in the jet pump. That klotz oil is stinking up the place lol.

No, use the 518. I use 518 on everything, with exception to the manifold to pipe bolts and engine to bedplates bolts on 580-720 skis, and that gets red loctite.

any good 75-90 gear oil works fine

Just trying to learn ... anyone have an idea why the 518 is the right sealant to use? Is it less reactive with plastic?

Just asking

It’s a flange sealant. It goes on as a gel then turns to almost a hard rubber in the absence of oxygen. Basically a softer thread lock.

Napa sells it, permatex brand 518/515 is the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back