98 xp ltd Blown exhaust hose help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdjerome08

I went out on the lake yesterday and the ski ran great for the first 30 mins, until i noticed the top end was gone and started smoking from inside. Opened it up and had blown a hole in the front exhaust hose from the stinger to the straight pipe. I am trying to figure out why it did this so I dont lose another day. I am supposed to do a poker run up the river next weekend and dont want to break down in the middle of it and get to float back down. Anyone had the same problem, or know what to do? Thanks

It could be a couple of things, the hose could just be old and weak. Or it could be a problem with the water control valve, the water control valve provides cooling for the exhaust system, the most common failure is the bellows part no. 22, the clip under the bellows can break and poke a hole in the bellows or the bellows can just become weak.

There's a weep hole on the underside of the water control valve, if water is coming out of the weep hole most likely you need a new bellows.

http://fiche.seadoowarehouse.com/se...ke=seadoopwc&a=251&b=13&c=0&d=-COOLING-SYSTEM

Lou

i have a 98xp,pretty much the same ski,burnt that hose a few times,and the rear,mine burnt thru because,like lou said,the water inj wasnt workin.also check the plastic elbow(the outlet,at the back of the ski) and the rubber hose from the muffler to the outlet,i burnt those up also.
which was the water regulators fault.i replaced the reg,put clear lines on so i could see the water movin thru the line.been good since then,but i now carry extra regulators,and all 3 hoses,cuz,i dont want sh*t to happen! good luck,
troy

It could be a couple of things, the hose could just be old and weak. Or it could be a problem with the water control valve, the water control valve provides cooling for the exhaust system, the most common failure is the bellows part no. 22, the clip under the bellows can break and poke a hole in the bellows or the bellows can just become weak.

There's a weep hole on the underside of the water control valve, if water is coming out of the weep hole most likely you need a new bellows.

http://fiche.seadoowarehouse.com/se...ke=seadoopwc&a=251&b=13&c=0&d=-COOLING-SYSTEM

Lou

So i went out and worked on it tonight and figured it out thanks to my brother the mechanic. We checked all the lines and the bellows they were all clear. However the regulator screw was really loosened on the water box. I believe this is the right fix. correct me if i am wrong. We tightened the screw down all the way now just waiting on the hose to get here tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back