98 Speedster Wakeboard Tower

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

nickj718

Over the weekend I installed a wakeboard tower and sound system on a customers boat. After searching all over this forum and the internet, I found it nearly impossible to find a solid answer on what tower people use for this boat let alone photos. So I'm posting this hoping it helps someone who's looking to do this modification to their boat.

The tower is a Big Air Cuda. The entire package was $2100.00 shipped to the door and included the tower, Speaker Pods, Kicker speakers with LED, 2 Wakeboard Racks and a Bimni (Not Shown)

It took about 6 hours from start to finish on the tower and a couple hours on the sound system and lights.The speaker placement was key in the mounting of the wakeboard tower as this boat has no other access holes. If anyone has questions please let me know and I will help you out.

Sound System

Led's

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome, this is the exact tower I was looking to put on my speedster! I found the same with maybe 3 speedsters which had towers of which i liked none of them. I was actually photo shopping different towers on my speedster and settled on this one. The only thing that was holding me back is wanting a new factory cover.

Boat looks great!

Good I hope this helped you then!

Any good marina shop can modify the factory cover to snap around the tower poles

Do you have pics of the amp install? I assume it's under the passenger storage area.

Also, did you put another 10" sub in the driver side? If not how did you get access to mount the tower?

One last question... did you build an enclosure for the sub or is it just sitting in the hull? I wasn't sure it would do much of anything sitting inside an open hull.

The problem is the factory or Commercial sewing cover uses a ratchet strap to tighten the cover to the hull. I can't see any way that would work with a tower.

Shoot I didnt know the factory had a ratchet strap. I thought that was just the Commercial Sewing cover

Last edited by a moderator:
Shoot i dint know the factory had a ratchet strap. I thought that was just the Commercial Sewing cover
Factory is a nylon strap with 2 disconnects like a life jacket you tighten but same principal. I guess you could add more of those disconnects or I can always have a custom cover made but really like the ratchet strap for trailering.

Yeah I hear ya. This guys gonna go with a custom snap cover. Hate to see it because the snaps are ugly as hell in my opinion

100% agree on the snaps. They also make it a real bitch to buff/wax.

I snuck in a few audio questions above if u get a chance to look.

Here is a photo of the amp mounted.

No only the one sub on the passengers side is the only sub

The spot that the sub is mounted has 2 large pieces of foam on both sides. It hits really good. Best sounding system I have done in a while

Awesome, thank you!!. One last question and I'll stop bugging you lol. You don't happen to have a pic of the tower in the folded position do you? And is that speedster only running one battery?

It's supposed to fold by unhooking the rear mount like this.
149.jpg

All BigAir towers and packages are 30% off this weekend so I think I'll be pulling the trigger. Prior weekend or holiday sales were only 25% off.

I'm going all JL Audio on my sound system but will probably still get the speakers in the package. I'll just use the housings and swap the kicker speakers into my other boat.

Thanks again for posting this, it makes me feel a lot better knowing what it will look like before spending the cash!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back