98 speedster neoprene pump seal size/pn

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
My 98 speedster does not have a neoprene seal on either pump and I dont see a part number for one on the parts diagram. Does anyone know what size or part number would fit my pumps? By the way mine are the plastic, non-bronze, pumps.

my 99 challenger didn't appear to have any seals either, i replaced my wear ring with a delrin one from SBT. they call the pump a 139.5 diameter. but i think elsewhere you will see it called a 140 pump. i did use a neoprene seal i found on the sbt website under 'pump parts misc.' you may not find the seal part number for your model because some model years used "right stuff" sealant, and not neoprene. you may choose to use RTV sealant or other sealants but they make it harder to remove the pump the next time. Tim

the part number for the neoprene pump seal is 293200024.
you can get them at Parker Yahama http://www.parkeryamaha.com/seadooneoprenepumpseal293200024.aspx

or Impros http://impros.com/store/index.php/p...sings/sea-doo-140mm-neoprene-pump-gasket.html

or Perry Performance Group...

The 1998 Speedster and challenger do have these seals... it is imperative to have the seal in place... number 2 cause for cavitation.

I recently found out that the foam seals supplied with the white Delrin SBT wear rings are small in outside diameter... So I did not use the SBT foam seals and used new OEM neoprene seals...
I also see that the SBT wear rings are much looser in the pump housing than the OEM wear rings. I understand compression holds them in place and have made a mark to see if they spin. Since I already have them I gave them a shot, we`ll see...

On the 98 its actually not listed as a oem part. They only list the sealant. But i always use them. As stated, the standard 140mm pump gasket works.

the part number for the neoprene pump seal is 293200024.
you can get them at Parker Yahama http://www.parkeryamaha.com/seadooneoprenepumpseal293200024.aspx

or Impros http://impros.com/store/index.php/p...sings/sea-doo-140mm-neoprene-pump-gasket.html

or Perry Performance Group...

The 1998 Speedster and challenger do have these seals... it is imperative to have the seal in place... number 2 cause for cavitation.

I recently found out that the foam seals supplied with the white Delrin SBT wear rings are small in outside diameter... So I did not use the SBT foam seals and used new OEM neoprene seals...
I also see that the SBT wear rings are much looser in the pump housing than the OEM wear rings. I understand compression holds them in place and have made a mark to see if they spin. Since I already have them I gave them a shot, we`ll see...
yeah, you're correct the seal from sbt is more like a cheap foam than neoprene. it was slightly smaller on the outside diameter, the adhesive side was sticky enough that i could slightly stretch the seal and place it right were it needed to be. this seal along with the small thin lip protruding from the wear ring does make a good seal. but one must make sure to step torque in at least a few processions when reinstalling these plastic pumps as it doesn't take much to make it out of round. is it possible that the passing of a larger object (rocks/sticks) through a plastic pump could slightly change its I.D.? the delrin ring seemed to fit snug in my pump. Pale, have you checked your marks to see if they spun on you?

Pale, have you checked your marks to see if they spun on you?
Hey Tim, it won`t be for a while yet before I can run the engines...
I forwarded the info of my discovery to a source in SBT...

you are correct in walking in the pump in increments and final torquing in steps. to compress the neo seal evenly as to not put a lot of stress on the mounting tabs/ears...

another item to replace would be the little white O ring seal for the water feed from the pump to transom/ride plate...

:cheers:, Andy...

I used the SBT neoprene seals with WSM wear rings. Already had the parts from a previous build.
Everything fit perfectly. Big X2 on the progression torque.
The SBT seals did seem to be a little cheaper material, but the WSM wear rings were "spot on."

Good luck

you are correct in walking in the pump in increments and final torquing in steps. to compress the neo seal evenly as to not put a lot of stress on the mounting tabs/ears......
Yeah...The previous owner didn't care much for that principle., oh well., new pumps and everything hopefully in the next month coming my way. Not only cuz of bad ears...but that certainly facilitated that decision hehe.

...you are correct in walking in the pump in increments and final torquing in steps. to compress the neo seal evenly as to not put a lot of stress on the mounting tabs/ears......

See for me, something this simple confuses me.

With Respect To (WRT), loctite., I never know how much to put on, dab or glob? I also don't know how long you have before it sets., so I was kind of wanting to tighten everything quickly so as not to break down the forming of the loctite bonding? Can you progressively tighten, and still get a seal after what a few minutes (for a beginner). I'm sure as an expert you can probably bolt and ratchet on everything within a single minute, but for me, it's probably minutes for each bolt LOL. /face..palm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back