98 speedster ground wire?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

scryc0268

I am having trouble getting my right engine to fire up, so I did some digging and found a black wire from the harness about 2 feet long not connected to anything.. There are already 2 blacks on my battery and one red.. Any ideas where it goes and if it may be my problem? When it fires up, everythings fine except the right died a couple times when hitting bumps.. Also after a few times of trying to start the right, I just get a click for both engines, but battery is fine.. I do not get any beeps to start but hear 2 clicks.. A couple times while trying to start the right it killed the left.. I've replaced plugs(right motor ones were covered in oil) and checked the 2 fuse banks.. Compression of 145 on all 3.. Battery cables tight.. The right motor sounds more clicky trying to start.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The 2 clicks you hear, is a dead beeper. You need to get that replaced. It's your warning buzzer, so it's important.

The black wire... what is it hooked to on the other end?

The compression is fine.

When you say that the left engine dies, trying to start the right... that tells me that your battery isn't fine. Basically, the voltage is dropping, and it kills the other engine.

I would start with cleaning all the cable connections.

Thanks!! The black wire comes from the harness by fuse banks. The meter says the battery has 16 volts.. Do you mean clean the battery cable connections? Thanks again!

I may have done this wrong.. I think I turned the meter to 20 and it read between 14 and 16..
Does anyone know the beeper part number at radio shack the source? Thks

Update

Ok. I replaced the beeper with a radio shack one for $5. All good. 2 beeps when I attach lanyard... I found a blown 20 amp fuse in the rear right of the boat and replaced... Battery now reading 14.6. Going to check advanced diagnostic now.. Blower, bilge, anc and dash lights work. Horn, courtesy (deck) lights do not.. Still no idea where the ground goes... thks!

Seems the new fuse has fixed the horn and I assume the courtesy lights are just bulbs... Not sure how to replace these..? When I put in advanced diagnostic I get the short and long beep but then when I attach the lanyard it doesnt start and no beeps. Now neither engine will start... Both click twice and then a long beep.. Any suggestions? timing seems to be right at 33 seconds! thks!

HELPP!! A crowd coming to the cabin this weekend to go boarding... How do you gain access to the solenoid and starter?? Where are they located? What shape and color? How do you turn over the motor by hand after removing the plugs?? thks!!!!!!

I removed the 4 plugs and everything turned over perfect.. The compression on all 4 was 145 last week.. Any ideas?? When I try to start with plugs in I get my normal 2 beeps then the motor trys for a split second and a longish beep... Should there be a line coming from the oil reservoir with a white nipple not attached to anything?? thks!!

First........... relax. We don't all live on this board, so it could take a while to get a response.

OK... oil. There shouldn't be anything that isn't hooked up. BUT, if the "Nipple" is on top of the oil tank... that's probably just the air vent, with a check valve on it. Post a pic so we can verify.

When you went into advanced diagnostics... and you put the lanyard on... did you push the starter button one more time?

The high voltage is worrying me. Yes... you set the meter to the 20 scale. At rest, you should only see 12 to 12.8 volts. If you see more than that... something is wrong with the battery. (or the meter) The seadoo MEPM is known to roast itself if the voltage gets above 14.5v. I think you need to try a different meter, and possible get a different battery. Are you hooked to a charger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back