98 GTX wont start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blucrubub

I have a 98 GTX RFI that wont start. Had a new engine put in last summer. Ran fine for remainder of the year. Was stored for winter. Brought it out this year ran good the 1st couple of weekends out. This past weekend, wouldnt start.

It cranks, and there is fresh gas in it. I replaced the solenoid in the rear electrical box and put new spark plugs in.

Any ideas to lead me in the right direction.

I recommend starting with the basics, Compression check, confirm spark and check that the fuel pump is actually pumping. Could be a clogged fuel filter screen or faulty wiring from moisture over the winter.

Good Luck

Yeah Im getting spark & my plugs are wet. Havent actually checked the fuel filter though. Will do that when I get off of work. Thanks for the opinion. Will reply with what I find out this afternoon.

Doesn't sound good, i would pull the rave valves and shine a light down the ports and check the pistons I would say they are wiped out...

Pulling the head off might be less invasive as the rave body gaskets are likely to rip whereas the head Orings can be reused. 50 psi is very low, but I find it odd that it's the same on both holes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back