98' Gtx Ltd' performance mods

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

CreekerMike

Greetings and Saultations to all! I finally have my Gtx dialed in. Ive got about 10 hours on the new engine and everything seems good. So far ive ran 61mph on glass. Engine is stock aside from K&N filters (I know theres alotta debate about pod filters and stock airbox, but thats what I have for now) Pump has been freshened up with a new wear ring. Im also running premix @40:1 with 87 and amsoil dominator.
Im hoping to get a few more mph out of my machine, planning on getting a solas 15/20 and going with 167.5 mains and 85 lows. I don't think im ready to go to a high comp head or anything like that.
Is there any mods you all can recomend to fine tune and squeeze out a little more performance? Maybe reeds or some water regulator adjustment? All input and suggestions are apreciated!

Anyone? Ive since read into adjusting the water regulator from stock 3 turns out to 3.5 or 4. Im churning 6.95k consistently. Any harm in going closer to the 7.2k +-50 rev limiter?

It sounds like you are getting better then average rpm and speed. I would just enjoy it. The GTX hull is too heavy to be a sporty performer. The Solas Concord 15/20 will have a little too much pitch in a heavy hull with a stock engine.

It sounds like you are getting better then average rpm and speed. I would just enjoy it. The GTX hull is too heavy to be a sporty performer. The Solas Concord 15/20 will have a little too much pitch in a heavy hull with a stock engine.
Are you sure the 15/20 is too much? I read into a thread where someome claimed there top speed increased and their max rpm dropped by around 2 or 3 hundred. They could be full of it tho. Do you think itd be able to spin it with jetting, filters, and reeds?

In fact, incorrect prop ventury combos, can make tuners chase their own carb tails. It's hard to have the best of both worlds, good out of the hole, and top end.

And definitely, do a gps to verify your top speed.

Are you sure the 15/20 is too much? I read into a thread where someome claimed there top speed increased and their max rpm dropped by around 2 or 3 hundred. They could be full of it tho. Do you think itd be able to spin it with jetting, filters, and reeds?
Matt knows seadoo performance more than most anyone so trust what he says.

You are not going to get any more performance from reeds or even removing the stock airbox but you will have a much higher chance of getting water into the engine. A stock engine can't use any more air than the stock airbox can deliver. Once you get into porting, higher compression and a pipe is when you should start looking at aftermarket air cleaners. And in all honestly it isn''t worth it on a GTX because you are fighting such a large and heavy hull with a lot of water contact surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back