98 GTS Vaccuum or oil line?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rksnow1

Hi, I have a 98 GTS. Im new to these PWC so forgive me in advance if I dont know the part names.. Ill try and describe.

PWC Running great and no problems that I know of except gas guage doesnt work. I was out the other day and noticed im not getting the normal little water stream out of the hole by the rear tow hook. I believe this is a cooling check... I looked at the hoses and inside and all were clear with no obstructions. Problem fixed hopefully. NOW...

Just as I was finishing up I found a miscellaneous hose not connected to anything on one end.

Looking from inside the engine bay towards the rear...

This is a clear hose that connects to the right side of a black box located on the inside upper back wall of the ski. (Pretty much right under the grab handle). I looked around and the only other hose connector I can find with no hose attached goes into the oil resevoir/tank.

Does this sound right. Hose just seems to barely make it. Is this a hose to pressurize the system? I dont want to connect it and have it be wrong and dump water into the oil or shoot oil out into the river or something else bad. Any help is appreciated.

Im supposed to go out on the water tomorrow and dont want to miss the day if I dont have to....

Thanks.

Ray

Thanks, I believe thats what this is. I looked at one of my buddies skis, its a few years older but has the same line going to the oil resevoir. Took it out for a spin and it seems to run strong with no problems.

I did find that Im still not spraying water out of the cooling system check hole in the rear. I checked all the clear cooling lines, and hole is clear, blew out with air. I can see the water flowing through the lines and out the hole by the exhaust fine, but nothing out of the check hole. Any ideas? Thoughts? Motor doesnt seem to to overheat. No loss of power, I was out for 4 hours yesterday and everything ran great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back