98 gsx limited impeller condition

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdparr15

I'm about to rebuild the jet pump on my 98 gsx limited and put in a new wear ring. My question is if I need to get my impeller repaired before I put in the new wear ring. You can see the damage in the pictures and its not too bad but I didn't know if it would be out of balance and just shave down the new wear ring to where it would look the same as the old wear ring.
Thanks for your help in advance!
This is my first time posting so let me know if you can't see the pictures

impeller1.jpgimpeller2.jpgimpeller3.jpg

Send it to IMPROS, They can repair and balance it + they're having a 20% off sale for December :p
http://impros.com/store/index.php/services/impeller-repair.html

They did mine with the trailing edge bent up 90 degrees and its back to new again. Getting the "race finish just means they will polish it again like new but isn't really necessary IMO.

Looking at that prop it looks like there has been some work done already and it doesn't look good at all. I'd repair or replace it.

Pics show up just fine :)'

It's up to you. Your impeller doesn't look bad to me. I would just file off any sharp parts, and call it a day.

It looks good to me except the third pic just file it down as Dr H suggest and run it until you really tear it up then rebuild it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back