97xp carb fuel line routing

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rdessewffy

The previous owner eliminated the choke and installed a primer. As far as I can tell (I`m not a mechanic, but I can do anything with the right help lol) he was having problems with starting which I think I fixed. I believe it was the rotary valve amongst other things. I am putting it back together and see that he capped off 3 holes ( in blue circles) and put one port for the primer. I think that's wrong and should have put another in the bottom of the 2nd carb. Primer seems like a no brainer... I don`t remember what was hooked up to the 2 barbs in the red circles or if anything was there at all ( been sitting a while). He may have had the primer lines going to the ones in red but all the lines were in pieces in hull from deterioration. I did have the thing running on a trailer when I got it before I took it apart. My big question is where do the barbs in red circles get hooked up too?? I have a 98 GTX limited and there is a T that connects them and runs off somewhere but it doesn't have the choke eliminated if that has anything to do with it. I am new PWC mechanics.... Please help LOLOL Thank you
Another question without a new thread is where the heck is the oil drain plug? Ive looked many times and manual shows it but I cant find it. I`m really not a dummy lol. Thank you all in advance!
Also , is there a good way to get the plug out of the bottom of the 2nd carb? I tried ti stick a small allen wrench inside and hit with hammer but no luck. There is nothing to grab on outside. I would think I have to treat it like a stripped screw and tap it from outside to get a small bolt on it and thread it to the inside. I kinda did something like that to get the temp sensor that was broken out, I took cover off and used vice grips to keep it going in........

Attachments

• 97xpcarb.pdf
    669.8 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
The blue fittings are where the primer should go.

The red circled ones are for the accelerator pump which appears to have been removed.

Your carbs will have to be rejetted with the mods that have been done.

You should not be removing any allan plugs on the carbs.

The only drain plug on the engine is if for the counterbalancer and is under the engine under the rear near the exhaust.

Thank you! I looked up the accelerator pump and seems not needed. Should I connect the primer lines there instead and block off the nipple at bottom of the one carb? That would be easier it seems if it would work ok.

Thank you! I looked up the accelerator pump and seems not needed. Should I connect the primer lines there instead and block off the nipple at bottom of the one carb? That would be easier it seems if it would work ok.

IMO, you WANT that accelerator pump and it is needed. It helps the ski get the extra fuel to get out of the hole. Rejettting the carb and you are new to PWCs will confuse you an leave you in a world of misery ( detonation and back to ground zero). Find and buy the stock parts, spend sone time reading the manual and searching this forum an you’ll be speeding across the water in no time.

I do believe you can use the accelerator pump nozzles as primer nozzles, but again you will need to find the correct rejetting specifications.

Lots of people have eliminated the accelerator pumps on these and you just use the jetting for the 196 XP but since yours also has the choke removed that changes it a little also.

It doesn't matter which spot you connect the primer but you do need to plug the ones not used.

On a ski with the accelerator pumps there is absolutely no reason to add a primer because the accelerator pump will dump in fuel so it is already a factory installed primer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back