97 xp wont start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

scarter3689

bought it this summer. ran fine for about a month then one day i put it on the hoist, came back about 2 hours later and it wouldnt start. it wouldnt even turn over. i put the key on, i get the two beeps, the gauges turn on but its like the button isnt even hooked up to silonoid. a few hours after that it started and worked for a bit. the next day it ran fine but as soon as i went to start it again it did the same thing. i took it to a guy and he went through it and said there was a bad seal on my electrical box and it had water in it. he fixed it and i took it out last night seemed fine then this morning after a few hours of riding i stopped it and it wouldnt start back up. i get two beeps, gauges work but it wont crank at all. not even a click. im gonna put a new battery in it tomorrow and see if it cranks if not the guy i took it to originally is gonna pick it up. any help or thoughts would be appreciated. thanks

Yup... what he said.

If you aren't hearing the click of the solenoid, I would start there. Unplug it, and push the start button, and make sure you are getting power to it. If you are... replace the solenoid. If not... check the wires between the start/stop button, and the MPEM, and then the MPEM to the solenoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back