97 TDI drive shaft / flywheel-clutch removal

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

hondoowl

Hi everyone. I loaned my ski's to a cousin and one came back with a little slippage. Looks like the drive shaft splines have given out. Hopefully the flywheel female section is ok.

I have pulled the pump off, removed the flywheel cover, clamps, and just by looking, I can't figure out how to get the shaft out of the ski. What's the trick? I don't see any keys, allen set's, nothing. Do I just grab hold and pull it out the butt of the ski?

I use an visegrip wrench #10 clamped to mid-shaft and tap it with hammer to get it out of the pto.

Thanks. Figured it out. Could not see the snap ring around the drive shaft under the carbon ring / support ring. Tapped the support ring towards the butt and there she was. Snapped it off and away we go. Pulled flywheel off by stuffing cyl's with shock cord. Worked good. Couple pounds of push behind a 36" pipe wrench, lefty loosie and off it spun. Here goes another $600 bucks! Shaft and flywheel, plus all the rest. Is Rivamotorsports a public company? I think I need to buy some of their stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back