97 Speedster Acceleration Issue

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs2Finals

Hi,

What does it mean when I accelerate, then at about 4000RPM, both engines jump up to about 6000 but I don't go anywhere. I don't really know much about how the boat works, but as a car analogy, it seems like it's "slipping out of gear". It was working fine a while ago, then I went through some weeds... not sure if that had something to do with it. I don't see any weeds stuck anywhere, but it's possible.

Any help would be appreciated!

S~

Check for weeds or any other debris in the jet pumps first. If all is clear then the wear rings rings might need replacing. If the gap between the impellers and the wear ring is wide then the pumps loose it's ability to thrust the water out the rear of the pump. The gap should be less than than 1 mm or .040" measured from the rear through the nozzle with a long guage at that the center of the blade. It is possible too that you have a air leak somewhere in the jet pump also, causing the caviation. Check for debris first in the pump assy.

Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back