97' Seadoo Speedster starboard 717/720 engine bogs inbetween 2000 - 3000 rpm.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

cincinnati

97' Seadoo Speedster starboard 717/720 engine bogs inbetween 2000 - 3000 rpm. Starts fine, will idle fine, will run aii day at 3500 -7000 rpm. Port engine does not have this issue. This has been going on for 3 years. Just rebuit the carb and nothing has changed. I kept the old spring. Popoff is 40#. Bought seadoo 3 years ago and starboard engine always had this issue.

It's a carb issue. Either the transition ports are clogged up... or there is an internal leak. The rotary valve could be warn too... but it wouldn't idle very well if it was.

It's a carb issue. Either the transition ports are clogged up... or there is an internal leak. The rotary valve could be warn too... but it wouldn't idle very well if it was.

Since I have two engines I'm going to swap the carbs today. Thanks for the quick reply.

I switch carb with port engine. The problem did not follow the carb. Can I switch electronics on my speedster for trouble shooting? There is a 4 wire plug going in stator box. Can I just switch the plug and spark plug wires?

I switch carb with port engine. The problem did not follow the carb. Can I switch electronics on my speedster for trouble shooting? There is a 4 wire plug going in stator box. Can I just switch the plug and spark plug wires?

Yes you can.

If it follows the electronics... try cutting the spark plug wires back a little. (remove the boot, cut 1/4", replace boot)

Problem did not follow the electronics. I don't have a clue what is going on. If I put starboard engine at 2500 rpm it just bogs for about 5 - 10 seconds and dies. Speedster runs great except for this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back