97 GTX Wont Start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captrandy

I have a 97 GTX that won't start I have a new battery, new starter solenoid, new plugs, all fuses are fine. I have weak spark (tested with a spark tester light) and have no beeps even if I push the starter button 5 times w/o the "key" not in place. It will crank until the compression builds but will crank all day if the plus are out. I do get fuel and oil out of the bout cylinders.

If you are getting a wet spry of fuel out the spark plug holes... that's part of the problem.

I would also check over all the main cable connections. they need to be clean and tight. You can loose a lot of power with a lightly corroded connection.

Next... the battery. I know you said it's new... but I've seen a bunch of batteries "Out of the box" be bad. So... put a meter on the terminals, and try to start the engine. If the voltage isn't staying up around 11v... then the battery may be bad. Also... batteries from Wal-mart, Chief auto, and interstate seem to be the worst.

Finally.. the beeper. Since you can crank the engine... it's common for the beeper to die. There are a bunch of threads on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back