97 GTX wont run in water past 3400rpm. bogs down

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy11

I recently bought a 97 gtx from a guy that had let it sit for years. I replaced the old gray fuel lines right off the bat. Rebuilt the carbs. New battery. New spark plugs and wires (cut 1/4" off before installing boots) . Cleaned the rave valves. Drained the fuel tank. Replaced the oil injection lines. Installed new fuses and cleaned electrical connectors. It runs fine out of water (has a rough time starting after sitting for a day or so). Starts up and idles at about 3k. When I get it in water idle stays around 1500. As soon as I take off and hit about 3k rpm it bogs down and wants to stall out. I checked the rectifier by disconnecting the red wire and I get the same result. I'm left with checking the fuel baffle and making sure the fuel lines are tight. Other than that I am at a loss for what is going on. Ski only has 124hrs on it so i doubt the rotary plate is worn but might be worth a check. Could aftermarket diaphragms in the carbs make a huge difference? they seemed comparable to OEM.

Ps. Carbs are adjusted to manual spec
fuel baffle is in good condition
compression is 141 and 145

Yes, 100% the aftermarket carb kits do not work. Nothing else to say about that.
Get all new Genuine Mikuni parts including new needles and seats and do not change the springs unless you already have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back