97 gtx no spark

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orbitalatx

How do I test that the cdi is receiving the signal of engine rotation to then send the pulse to ignition coil? I have a 97 gtx 787 with no spark that is driving me crazy because everything checks out except for the no spark. i connected my 12v test light to the white wire on the ignition coil and get no pulse when the engine turns over. (engine cranks fine, two beeps, battery new). I have tested the ignition coil itself and it ohmed good. i have a feeling the cdi is out but have reached the maximum of my mechanical knowledge on how to test the pulse from the engine to cdi or how to diagnose a faulty cdi. Thanks.

Also I completely removed the stator housing (twice) and completely tested each connection inside the duetsch so the stator is doing good.

trigger coil? test resistance and make sure it didn t fall off and is hanging. also bad mpems can do that also(no spark issue)

I had the exact same issue. Could never get a signal at white wire where it enters the rear electrical box. I ohmed every wire and everything checked out. Ended up being the MPEM. Got mine from Westside Powersports. I have matching 97 GTX so I could swap out the MPEM from the other ski and I had fire. Once I did that I was convinced for sure it was my problem.

I had the exact same issue. Could never get a signal at white wire where it enters the rear electrical box. I ohmed every wire and everything checked out. Ended up being the MPEM. Got mine from Westside Powersports. I have matching 97 GTX so I could swap out the MPEM from the other ski and I had fire. Once I did that I was convinced for sure it was my problem.
did your ski post two beeps with the crapped out mpem?

Replaced mpem still no spark. Ordered complete new magneto and cover and she fires right up. First time I've heard it run in two years. Time to tune the carbs at the lake this weekend! Thanks everyone.

I was going to ask if you had both negative wires landed on the battery. If I remember right everything will work normal, but you won't get spark, if the small black wire isn't landed on the battery.

I fought my 97 GTX with a no spark scenario after putting a new battery in. I did put both neg wires on but must have snagged the smaller one because I found it broken off of the ring terminal. Touched it to the terminal and had spark, took it off and no spark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back