97 gtx exhaust valve disassembly

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

MLars

I got the cap off the valve, but how do I get access to the bellow? do I have to unscrew the thing when I first take the cap off? Do I need to remove the whole valve from the water box?

If you're talking about the water control valve/pressure regulator on the muffler, then yeah, you have to take the valve off. There's a screw you need to access from the bottom. The screw is actually a small tapered needle. Once you take it out it will allow you to pull up a little more on the bellows so you can remove the lower clamp.

image.jpg

Im sorry i did not read the part about it being the waterbox rave. No you do not need to remove the hole unit. Just take the cap off and pull the piston and bellows piece out. It will have some resistance but just kind of twist and pull and it will come out.

when you get it off, you will most likely find that the metal clamp on the bottom of the bellows has rusted away. Check the bellows closely as the rusted clamps tend to poke a hole in the bellows. The metal clamp can be replaced with a thin zip tie

Just a tip if the bellows has any age on it, it becomes too flexible so the bellows usually needs replacing.

Lou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back