97 GTI with electrical problem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

scooter123

Hi and hope everyone had a good weekend. I'm hoping someone can help me out here... First time out with a 97 gti i just bought and system did not beep when connecting NESS key, but it started and ran well. A few minutes into riding, my fuel gauge was not working and the speedometer worked intermittently. I shut it down to bring the trailer over and it would not start, no beep or anything. At home, I put a spare fully charged battery in and i got two beeps and it started right up. The next day, no beeps but started. I checked every wire lead and all the fuses and even tested the beeper too, everything looks good (battery is fully charged). I even did the diagnostic check and i dont get any beeps(nothing). Any one have any ideas? Thanks all!

wouldnt sweat the small stuff, but make sure it runs now. If your battery is continually dying, may be a faulty rectifer

thank you, but the charging system is working as i checked that too. Should i just replace th mpem? Thanks again!

It runs, but will not restart unless you disconnect and then reconnect the battery. I'm really lost. Id hate to spend money on a mpem, but it beats messing with battery. Thanks for your help though. Take care

those mpems are everywhere...ebay, people part'n skis on craigslist...etc, for 100 buks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back