97 GSX How do youo remove the exhaust

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rkkoeb

Want to remove the exhaust so I can remove the RAV to clean. I took out the 4 bolts off but sill can't get it to separate from the engine. What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• IMG_0047.JPG
    IMG_0047.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 23
pretty sure the second one will also need to be clean

Attachments

• IMG_0051.JPG
    IMG_0051.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 16
Yah that's pretty crusty. The way I do it (could be the wrong way) is take that one rave apart and remove and replace install it one piece at a time and leave the mani on there, but if you have all the bolts out that manifold should come right off

Are there any alignment studs or is it just the 4 bolts that holds the manifold on? I don't think it has ever been off the motor. Does anyone have a pic of what it looks like off? I am sure I will need a new gasket does anyone have a part number for it?

Thanks. I just checked and it looks like I missed two bolts way under the manifold. Thanks everyone for the help I figure I must of been missing something

For future reference you dont have to remove manifold to get raves out. Obviously your a little past that point now, so better have some new exhaust gaskets handy in case yours are messed up. Since more than likely you removed head pipe from exhaust, it would be a good time to see if the welch plugs are rotted out

No reason to remove the exhaust to clean the rave. Remove the cap, spring and unscrew the top. Then pull out the paddle and the base.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back