97 Challenger front fuse panel problem. No power to bilge, fan, lights.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

eric67

Hello all,
i am so close to getting this boat in the water. 1997 challenger, i have no power to bilge, fan, lights. All fuses are good, front compartment and rear. The 20A supply in the rear compartment is good and has 12v. Moving to the front fuse block. The red and black wire plug into the fuse block has 12v going into the panel. The four fuses on the block have no power. The boat starts up and runs fine. Is it time to replace the front fuse block?

thanks,

I would double check the supply fuse. I can't remember anyone saying they had the fuse black go bad.

Yeah, i've checked it multiple times. Then again on your advice. The 20A supply in the rear fuse compartment has 12v on both sides. I have 12v going into the front fuse block. Still nothing at the fuses.

I had a bad fuse block on 97 challenger....... but it was obvious. You could see a section of the block literally blown out. If you have power going into the block, but nothing at the fuses...................... something is wrong. Since it's a sealed (potted) unit, you really can't troubleshoot that any further. Just be sure you've got power going in ......

Good Luck

Thanks for the response john744. Just fixed it Sunday. Yeah, the front fuse block was bad. Rather than buy a used block for $200 b/c they're discontinued. I tapped off the power wire going in and added a new 6 fuse panel to power the other side of the four fuses.

You don't happen to have a picture of the final job along with the manufacturer and P/N of the replacement fuse block? I am having problems and may need to find this other fuse block. The one I have been reviewing is the Electric box in the engine compartment behind the seats.

Charleston.

I got a fuse block from advanced auto parts. If i could do it again i would get a fuse block with a cover, possibly a marine grade. I will be making a cover for the fuse block that I have. I only use my boat in fresh water and have an aftermarket bilge pump. I spliced power from the 20amp wire running to the front fuse block. Power runs through the new fuse block into the other side of the original fuse block. The front fuse block is a discontinued part and i'd didn't want to replace it with a used piece from 1997.

IMG_20131012_093340_821.jpgIMG_20131012_093357_762.jpg

Hope that helps.
Eric...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back