97 Challenger 787 , new engine w/premix but no smoke on start-up, Wasup????

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

WaveShredder9110

Replaced the motor in my boat 97 Challenger ,(Removed the oil inj. sys) now running premix synthetic X-ps , 40:1 , so thats 16 oz. of oil to 5 gals of gas right?

Starts up , but not getting any smoke , ??? Seems to run ok , but again thinking it should smoke like a train.
Thoughts?

Thanks

40:1 is the 16 ounces you mention. We're you using the same oil before the rebuild/new motor? If you switched, it could be that the new oil is burning much cleaner.

Most of the newer oils don't smoke as bad as the older ones. Plus it a new engine you don't have any leaking in the seals or anyting else yet.

Thx for the replys , took her out this weekend and wow what a difference in performance , ran great ....seems faster than the other motor.
premix went well , glad I made the move on it. Not as much smoke as the mineral oil , but should be better on the raves as far as carbon deposits go. Also replaced the jet pump gasket and she's plane right now....jumps out of the water , this boat has " never done that " so..............Happy with the results. This motor had 40 hrs on it before so no break-in was required , 160 per cylinder and plugs have a nice mocha color to them so carbs are tuned well and she's burning properly. So far so good ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
El Toro ....I was using the basic seadoo mineral oil , decided on the synthetic due to cleaner rave valves and just better overall , just hate the cost per gallon, talking with a guy at the ramp said he uses Amsoil synthetic blend and its cheaper and just as good as the seadoo Xps, so........I've read the oil debates but really leaves you still guessin lol , just has to be a more cost effective way to run these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back