96GTX engine mount need 2 align?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

cox250

If only the front engine mount needs replaced and the rear two mounts are in good shape, will I need the alignment tool to perform an alignment?

I have a cracked jug on a 96 GTX I bought from someone who didn't winterize it apparently and I missed the crack when initially inspecting; caveat emptor I suppose. I decided to rebuild the top end using a rebuild kit from an outfit in Michigan (off Lake Huron) and discovered while pulling the exhaust that the front of the engine lifts off the front mount about 1/2"....it does not lift completely out and it does not seem like I have lost a shim. The rear mounts seem good and the engine will not rock side to side.

I am hopeful that this top-end job doesn't become more complicated by having to align the engine....I already replaced the wear ring and impeller last year and it ran smooth before discovering the cracked cylinder jug, so I hate to pull the pump again.

Thank you for any insight you can provide!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back