RESTO 96 XP Resto mod...Super Sleeper. Looking for guidance

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to hear your project is still in the works! Never saw any posts after you picked up the 96XP hull. I finished my 96GSX project last summer. I started a 95XP800 project last fall but have not touched it in months, need to get back on that project.

You know the drill. Too many projects, not enough me. Im ready to focus on getting this done. I have a weeks vacation coming up and I plan to make some serious headway on this project.

It can't be inspected in the ski but on any rebuild of the crank you should also rebuild the balancer and rotary shaft in my opinion.

If the seals are good on the CB just use those. Pull the bearings and go to your local bearing house and get those. I use SKF which is what they came with from the factory. If I can find the numbers I'll post them for you. Or you can go uber cheap and buy them off eBay like I do.

The last ones I did, I bought the WSM ones from @hfgreg at PWC Muscle they looked the same as stock and he gives a discount to forum members.

I am going to patch the deep gelcoat damage and then give the whole bottom a spray coat or two. The gelcoat at the bow seems to be super thin.

How do you remove the black adhesive that held the shoe?

Painting it won't last, durability is crap, but it's your choice....that hull doesn't look too bad, personally I'd wet sand up to 2000 grit then polish/wax. To remove that RTV adhesive for the ride plate, just get a razor blade and cut it away as much as you can, then rub the rest off with acetone or goof off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back