96 xp crankcase

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

thejacksonkid910

So last time we were at the river i turned the ski over and it stayed upside down for around five minutes (not running) and it filled up with water. blah blah blah so when we got it back i pulled the carbs, plugs, gas tank. cleaned them up according the the repair manual procedure, but im at the part in the procedure where it tells me to drain the crankcase using the drainplug, although i cant find a drainplug and ive heard from several people that 787's dont have one. should i move on to cranking the ski or what.

Drain plug

I've never heard of a drain plug either. I would move on to the next step in the proceedure.
DAWG

only 587 & 657 cases have drain plugs in the lower case. with plugs out, turn engine by hand at the PTO. If it is rotating without water spirting, use starter to spin over
in 10 secound intervals for 2 min to get any water out. Spray fog oil in *plug holes and intake to help until you get it up to a start-up. Use only pre-mix in *plug holes
to assist starting, ride it as soon as possible 20-30 min. It should be fine. Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back