Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had my 96 XP on the lake today and about 5-10 mins after putting in, the engine suddenly bogged down and would only move roughly 5mph. I played with the throttle a bit and about 10-20 seconds later it was up and running again like nothing happened. About 5 minutes later the same issue occurred and I fiddled with the throttle again and it ran normally again. At this point, I decided to just take it off the lake in case something more serious began to happen. I am assuming this is a carb issue, but any suggestions are appreciated. Recently, I've also noticed that after the PWC has been running for a couple hours, it can take a couple minutes of cranking the engine to get it started and then about another minute before I can hit the throttle without it dying. This second issue only occurred twice and I hadn't considered it a priority as it only happened after a long time running. I suspect the two separate issues are connected, however, and any suggestions from anyone are welcome and appreciated!

Considering it takes a while before you can touch the throttle it sounds lean, have you tried starting it with the choke when it's hard to start? That would be a fuel delivery issue, do you have the tempo gray fuel lines?

The gray fuel lines have all been replaced, and i have tried using the choke to start when it's tough, however, it doesn't usually make a difference. I'll give it a bit of gas and crank the engine till it starts. That usually will take approximately 30-90 seconds. I have asked other 2 stroke owners what the deal may be and they suggest it may be the needle in the carb sticking or something. Also, the ski has been converted to pre-mix, but I'm not sure that has an effect on this issue...

New Genuine Mikuni carb kits and needle and seats. Make sure you only have genuine Mikuni 80 gram springs too

Thank you cheflen and mikidymac for your responses. I am going to pursue the Mikuni carb kit route as it is inexpensive and likely the root of the issues!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back