96 SPX (587) runs but doesn't go???

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

flyerboyz

I need help from the experts.

Bought this 96 SPX for a song. The owner started it up on the hose. It ran but idled high and seemed to accelerate on it's own. He said in the water it didn't do that. He also felt it might be sucking in air in from somewhere... nonetheless the compression was decent and it did run.

When I put it in the water it did seem to idle high but not as high as it was on land with the garden hose. when you pulled the accelerator to get going off the dock the engine would wind up... but the ski only putted around in idle????

Any thoughts fellas?

Bryan

Sounds like the impeller is damaged. Visually inspect and let us know

Check coupler...if the engine is running but it isn't moving there is a problem with the jet pump

plugs

In your instance it's probably not this type of issue, but after we got water in our cylinders we sprayed the walls with fogger and over about 2 weeks of running great, the plugs got fowled pretty bad only allowing it to go 10MPH full throttle not revving at all. A change of plugs did the trick for me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back