96 speedster sucks up weeds, now no power on take-off?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

matt long

New to forum and glad to be a part!!

Hope someone can give me some advice on this one...took the 1996 speedster out for the first time last weekend to the lake and it idled out fine. Gave it some gas and we took off great running it wide open across the lake, so far so good. I then got into some shallow water/weeds so I slowed it down and when I went to go it struggled...then got worse and eventually had to idle back in. The best it would do was go about 5mph then engine would rev and no power after that.
I got back to boat ramp and found a bunch of weeds wrapped around both props so I took it home and actually managed to clear them out...
Today I figure all is good and me and a buddy go to the lake and take off and same thing!! It begins to move and if yo give it some gas it revs up but can move onto a plane???ROUGH DAY. I also notice that there is no stream of water shooting out the back when engine is on (the two holes that "pee"out the back)..does this indicate something?

ANY IDEAS PLEASE...

-matt

Matt,

Look in the jet port REAL GOOD aroung the impellar. I have had the same thing happen and there is something still in there. I have even had stuff stuck between the impellar and the housing that was not only hard to see but a pain to get out. Look real good because something is still there and it will do exactly as you described.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back