96 Speedster port engine not running

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mattyyg

Hello, new owner here. I picked up a 96 Speedster for a decent price knowing it had an issue with one of the engines. The port engine doesn't seem to engage the starter for too long (second or 2 at most) before you can hear the starter motor spinning freely. Also the plugs are wet when I pull them and it's pretty difficult to get it started cold. The previous owner said it was running rich and needs right be adjusted. If I pull the plugs and put some starter fluid in, it'll for up and run fine. Then starting warm is normal.

That was yesterday.

Today, port engine doesn't want to run at all and plugs are dripping wet. If I spray starter fluid in, it fires for about 1 second and dies.

Starboard engine starts up normal and idles fine. However today I can't get it above 3000rpms before it cavitates revs up and then the engine dies. After that it'll fire right back up. Under one engine and a Max of about 2500 usable rpms, fun isnt entering into this boat.

I should also note that both engines ran great yesterday, we we're doing 40+ with apparent problems.

One more note, this boat sat for a year before I picked it up.

I'm mechanically inclined and looking for troubleshooting tips to hopefully get her running since vacation is in progress and I can't drive this boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back