96 Seadoo XP gas mileage?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
My 717 at variable speeds (20 to 30 mph) burns about 5 US Gallons of premium gas (20 liters) for a 12 miles round-trip so if you make the math, it will be in the range of 2.5 mpg (maybe 4 if I really go below 15 mph and the waves and wind are low).

Another way to calculate it is: my tank is about 14 US gallons. At full throttle, the manual specifies about 1.3 hours (at 45 mph) so that would mean 4 miles per gallon.

I assume that you 787 engine will go about 2 to 3 miles per gallon depending on your speed and conditions.

I think this chart is a bit too optimistic...

Benji.

Don't waste your time calculating. I'll make it really easy to measure

SMILES Per Gallon. Just enjoy it

Just ride until almost a half tank the turn around

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Only one of my skis has a gas gauge. Guess wish one.....

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

My 717 at variable speeds (20 to 30 mph) burns about 5 US Gallons of premium gas (20 liters) for a 12 miles round-trip so if you make the math, it will be in the range of 2.5 mpg (maybe 4 if I really go below 15 mph and the waves and wind are low).

Another way to calculate it is: my tank is about 14 US gallons. At full throttle, the manual specifies about 1.3 hours (at 45 mph) so that would mean 4 miles per gallon.

I assume that you 787 engine will go about 2 to 3 miles per gallon depending on your speed and conditions.

I think this chart is a bit too optimistic...

Benji.

Weird, I've pushed a 787 really really hard and I don't think I ever got below 4mpg, certainly not 2-3. That would be a range of approx 18-27 miles. That's standup range, not couch range.

The 96 xp 9 gallon tank, we routinely planned 35-40 mile rides and returned with fuel in the tank.

Yeah, but the weather conditions could definitely influence the results. I am often riding with lots of waves and facing the wind.

And it is so hard to calculate precisely. And my gauge is really not precise. Not counting the reserve as well.

Benji.

My 96 limited boat went through all 9 gallons of 94 octane/dominator mix in roughly 28 minutes. Does not make for a fun day on the lake.

More like gallons per mile than miles per gallon.........

Just ride and enjoy the ski, and don't think about it.

Lou

Old endurance racing trick was threading in extension to reserve pick up. Extra gallon of fuel is left in tank at empty. 10% more fuel. Ya we cheated. :)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yeh, I had these done up for me so I don't have to feed my 5/16" fuel pump through a stock 5/32" pickup. I can run whatever size fittings I want so there's no restriction whatsoever.
53.jpg

54.jpg

55.jpg

56.jpg

My 96 limited boat went through all 9 gallons of 94 octane/dominator mix in roughly 28 minutes. Does not make for a fun day on the lake.
Hear that. Burning about 3 gallons per 8 min moto. 9 bucks a gallon race fuel.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Well, been doing the consumption numbers recently. Getting 2.5 - 4 gal / HOUR in mixed cruising 30-40 mph and idling in no-wake zones. Miles / gal? Well....

Assume, to make the math easy, 4 gal / hr at 40 mph = 10 mi / gal.

EDIT: Probably optimstic. Using the WOT numbers for my ski 8.8 gal / hr, and 45 mph and 14 gal. consumed (giving me 1 gal to get home on) more like 5 mi / gal at WOT.

Assuming you don't burn a piston first :)

Last edited by a moderator:
That would make sense: if I use my ski at a maximum of 30 mph mixed with cruising at idle or low speed, I think I can almost double the time my tank is supposed to last.

Benji.

That would make sense: if I use my ski at a maximum of 30 mph mixed with cruising at idle or low speed, I think I can almost double the time my tank is supposed to last.

Benji.

absolutely, honestly i'm guessing that about 3 donuts = about a mile and a half of cruising :)

but, donuts are so dam fun !!!

Oh, I agree with you but guys call the skis boats, bikes or something. That's all I was saying

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back