96 seadoo challenger with a zxi 1100 engine.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

stephensimmons

I know I know I shouldn't have bought it but I couldn't sleep now i can...... It's been sitting and going to crap from not being covered so someone had to save it right?!? RIGHT?!? Plus i always wanted one but every time I get home (being a truck driver) they are always sold :( They wanted $1600 but i got it for $800 and it does run. No i didn't do a compression test because no matter what it said my mind was already made up to buy it. Starts with just a bump of the button too. all the seats need to be recovered and steering cable replaced or freed up and kill switch don't work but i have manuals on the way for the challanger and zxi as we speak. Yea i know i most likely goofed up but i'm a gambling man and i'm happy! Pics to come.......

I've often thought of stuffing a motorcycle engine into one of the small boats. BUT... I hope it was an EFI engine, because "Street" carbs from a bike DO NOT like to be bounced.

I've often thought of stuffing a motorcycle engine into one of the small boats. BUT... I hope it was an EFI engine, because "Street" carbs from a bike DO NOT like to be bounced.

kawasaki made a zxi1100 jetski which was a 3 cylinder two stroke engine rated at 120hp with 38mm carbs. That's what it has in it. The motor is out of a 1997 kawasaki ski.

How did turn out?
Any pics?

It Runs! I pulled the head to measure the bore to make sure it was a 1100 and not a 900 and yes it is a 1100. Got it running is 5 minutes and it sounds mean from the start. I'll get some pics by the weekend hopefully work will allow me to. This is going to be a winter project so i will post pics as i get parts/do work to it. Thinking of doing the top end also OR may just get a long block. That will be one of the last decisions though.

Okay camera is shot and on top of bad weather but I got some pics. They are not very good but its a start. New camera on the way for next set.

Now for the engine

Replacing the head gasket after making sure it was a 1100 and not a 900 engine. Also getting ready to pull the carbs for a rebuild.

If I was still living in the great state of SC, i'd of scooped that up no questions! 800 bucks for a running challenger, regardless of the engine is not bad at all! That hydro-turf setup looks familiar :thumbsup: haha good buy brother

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back