96 HX! Finally found one!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdanthony

Just got back from picking this up! Always wanted one so I finally pulled the trigger. It's a bit dirty. It it wil clean up !

IMG_2960.JPGIMG_2962.JPGIMG_2963.JPG

Yes it is a 95' .. that's ok though. I cleaned it up today to see what I was working with and threw a battery in and it's cranking. Need to go through the carbs. IMG_2966.JPG

Time to turn this into a Resto thread. I hope you don't beat me as I can't find the time to finish mine and summer is slipping away.

Mac.. I cleaned it yesterday and looks like it needs a good polish, seat cover n matts. It wouldn't even be a resto lol . I cleaned up the motor too. Need to do the normal, pull carbs, replace fuel lines etc. but I should have most of that done in a week or so.

I think it looks great already. I haven't seen one here in NS Canada for a lot of years. But back in my race days a couple buddies rode them. That hourglass hull shape went on to necessary the 97 XP just larger and much more stable. Lol. Its why I bought the first 97 XP myself.

went through a bit of the fuel system today. found the main fuel line not connected to the tank. has some of the grey lines already replaced (so I need to do all of them), got the air filter off. dumped some fuel in... and started right up. only ran for a second. did that a few times and now it starts with no choke,,, just a push of the start button! whatever wasin the carbs must have came out. I ran it on the hose for a few mins. now I just need to do the maintenance

the oil injection was removed half assed... so I need to get a new intake manifold and delete it the right way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back