96 gtx, trim problem???

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

catg6

hi there been doing a lot of reading on here and trying to see if I can fix an ongoing issue with my ski.I was hoping to get some info from ya... I have 2 96 gtx's 1 was running begining yr. then wouldn't run in water... did compression check found pistons where toast... had them replaced, and bored.... then removed lower end because a pin dropped down in there.... put all back together..... upon putting everything back found the oil pump was broke... swapped with other ski.... took to lake... road easy 1hr , coasts about 2-3 rpm.... revvs to 4rpms at 10mph... hit throttle harder and then it will pick up outta the water.... go over 30mph.... and the rpm go up and down, or it shut off couple times, and feels like its bogging, as long as u dont go over 25-30 runs fine,??? and 2 adults and a child can not be on it it will not get outta the water.... the rpms have also gone as high as 6-7 for a few moments...i was trying to find info on the trim, or find anything that might be going on with this??? RAVES cleaned, carbs cleaned 2x, gas drained, top end rebuilt, lower end cleaned out....any help would be great thanks

Do you still have gray fuel lines? If you do they need to be replaced and clean (or replace) fuel filter in tank and fuel filter in carb.

Just a quick reply to check your reverse gate cables!

I have a 97 GTX I'm putting together so I've bumped into a lot of posts with similar issues.

One guy finally took it in and found that the reverse cables had stretched and the gate was partially down so he couldn't get over 30mph and the revs were jumping like crazy.

Check it out. You can remove the little tray under the door/cover above the seat and access the cables.

Just my 2 cents. New to Sea-Doo's but not new to tracking down problems and finding solutions!

Thought I'd pass that on.

Cash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back