RESTO 96 GTX MPEM vs 97 GTX MPEM

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ape1972

Hello everybody,
Just a quick question? I recently purchased a 97 GTX, which has the same motor and looks exactly like my 96 GTX, but has a different MPEM then the 96. Could I the electrical boxes be swapped? Would the 97 work in the 96? I might scrap the 97 and keep the parts as back up.

Thanks in advance,
Adrian

Yes the other grey box will run the machine fine. You may have a different plug that goes to some things but the wires are all color coded so you can figure it out.

Hello everybody,
Just a quick question? I recently purchased a 97 GTX, which has the same motor and looks exactly like my 96 GTX, but has a different MPEM then the 96. Could I the electrical boxes be swapped? Would the 97 work in the 96? I might scrap the 97 and keep the parts as back up.

Thanks in advance,
Adrian

Just get all the associating wiring harnesses and so forth. I think the DESS connector is different, so there's some minor things as such to watch for. Same for the over temp sensor on the engine, different plug on the 96'. Take the mount for the grey box out the 97' also.

Hmmmm You got me thinking now.... I put a 1997 Gray Box into a 1996 ad never thought twice about it. :) LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back