96 gtx going to add trim from 97 spx

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

impalaman

:confused:Hey guys and girls,
I have scored a 1996 seadoo gtx 787 for 1200$.Some of you may think that's many $$ for this but here in Montreal this machine with trailer can be offred for 3900$ to 4500$ with 140 hours on the clock.I have a trailer that i got for 300$.I have full neutral,forward and reverse on this bike.
My question : can I pull the trim motor from my 1997 spx and wiring(switch no biggy) and stick it on my 96 gtx?
Inside near the pump(bump) there is a plug.Can i pull the plug and mount the trim motor etc drilling etc??
What else?Do I have to cut-out a notch on he reverse door to clearence the nozzle?

Impalaman (1967 impala since 1983).

Did you say BIKE? I though you bought a 96 GTX Seadoo. The VTS would need to go through the mpem to work properly. You would have to set up a direct wire connection and ground in a special switch. Let us know how it works out for you.

Karl

96 gtx going to add trim from 97 spx/part2

Will my reverse door get in the way if I pursue this addition of trim to my 96 gtx?? Sorry, i meant ski,not bike in my previous posting

Don't do it!....

Will my reverse door get in the way if I pursue this addition of trim to my 96 gtx?? Sorry, i meant ski,not bike in my previous posting

I have the 1997 GTX and I love my "bike" just the way it is!.... The biggest reason I suggest you do not do it is, ...............read through the forum about how many members have had problems with the electric version of the VTS, the shorts and leaks.

The other idea is the "bikes" length. Many of the longer skis (three seaters) are without the VTS because the weight of the nose is going to trim the ski in a certain direction no matter how much you lift up on the nozzle. Of course, witht that giant compartment up front, if you load it down with a picnic lunch, supper, your fishing gear (yeah, it'll hold a lot!), your going to be even more nose heavy...........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back