96 GTI revs but no power

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mshelton911

After i took my 96 GTI off a 3 foot wave it began to run like sh**. If you punch full throttle at a dead stop you hear the engine revving(slightly higher pitched revving then normal) but there is little to no propulsion. If you let off a little, it will pick up and go and you can "baby" it into full throttle after a few seconds of 1/2 throttle but why would does it not propel correctly from a dead stop. Sometimes it runs well when you get it into full throttle but other times it temporarily bogs down and then picks up. I replaced the spark plugs last week but i noticed they were kinda dirty after 1 use. Could it possibly the wear ring?

Last edited by a moderator:
Check the wear ring for any excessive clearance. It sounds like it might be worn out.

Karl

Check the motor mounts. You probably broke one landing. THis will cause the engine to misalign to the drive shaft and slip.

Motor mounts intact

Check the motor mounts. You probably broke one landing. THis will cause the engine to misalign to the drive shaft and slip.

I check the motor mounts today and all four seem to be intact and holding the engine in perfect alignment.. I was thinking about pulling off the boot to see if the drive shaft is fluidly and easily running back and forth. Does anybody else have any ideas??

no power after big wave

Hello my friend,
Check for manifold exhaust bolts or leaks. Start your check from the engine until the waterbox.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back