96 gti possibly lost key program??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
So as i went to winterize my ski this winter i could not get it to turn over or do anything. Put the key on the dess post and pressed the button and the guage would light up. So i know it was getting power and that the button is working. So basically i had to winterize it without being able to start it or turn it over other than jumping the starter solenoid. I know the solenoid is good, its a brand new oem one, and i ran the ski about 2 weeks before all of that came time to winterize and never had the time to figure it out. Now its about time i can work on it so would like some ideas what i can test. It had a new aftermarket key programmed to it not long before it did this and im wondering if it can lose program? Checked all the fuses and i cant find anything wrong..

They don’t loose programming. You really need a working beeper to know if it’s recognizing the key (two beeps) or not (one long beep).

As mentioned above the beeper is quite helpful in determining beeps/beep sequence to start diag. I program DESS keys and do in person diagnostics in Raleigh, NC 27615 if you are local or somewhat local.

Thanks guys i figured it out, im not sure how or why but the key musnt have been making good contact but i wiped all contacts (the key and dess post) down with alcohol and it now works just fine, even though nothing looked dirty that i could see

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back