96 gsx; no beep runs good: beep wont start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dcgragg

I bought a 96 gsx 110hp a week ago knowing it was locked up for the cheap! bring it home pull the motor clean it all up and reassemble it! turns it over with 120# per cylinder! plug the lanyard in and no beep but it STARTED right up, took it to the lake and ran GOOD! now then 5 days later i go to restart it, plug the lanyard in and hit the start button and now it beeps once and wont turn over or anything. WHAT THE CRAP? battery is good, you can cross the solenoid and spins the motor with ease! I NEED HELP

i can go through the 5 start button presses without lanyard attached and then attach lanyard and i get 2 beeps like it is ready to start. then i push start button i get one long beep. battery has 12 volts. cross solenoid and turns motor over with no problem.

One long beep is saying the computer isn't reading your lanyard.

Clean the post, and the inside of the lanyard with a scotch-brite pad, and see if that helps.

If it doesn't... the computer may have lost it's memory for some reason, and it needs reprogrammed. The dealers around me do it for $15 if you have a good lanyard.

BUT... if the lanyard wasn't read properly... it wouldn't have given you 2 beeps.

Yup... your battery is bad. I know you say that it's showing 12v, and that if you jump the solenoid it spins... but if you don't hold 12v while cranking... the computer will reset.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the info. i have an apt. made for tuesday to take it in and reprogram. will let you know the status

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back