'96 GSX cover options?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

oldbuck

Just received new covers for my GSX's and they came with mirror pockets on them - manufacturer says thats 'cause some models had mirrors and I should just tuck them in. This was billed as a 'custom' storage cover but clearly they've grouped too many models and/or yrs together.

Can anyone recommend a good cover that truly fits a '96 GSX?

tia,
-d

Yep... send it back. It sounds like they sent you the wrong cover. Get a Poppy cover. Good prices, great fit... and last a long time.

There are GSX models with mirrors... but for the price...they should have one without the mirror pockets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thx Dr Honda - I checked in with Poppy - looks like a great cover, but they also tell me that their cover for the '96 GSX will have mirror pockets on it.

There must be an old 'doo hull out there, the same size as the GSX that didn't have mirrors... very frustrating, just looking for a 'proper' cover.

Unfortunately... the "GS" hull was it's own deal. It was a 2 seater... but it was big. (but not as big as the 3 seater) The regular 2 seater back then was the X4 type hull. (XP, SP, Si, SPx)

Maybe I need to send the covers I got out to a canvas guy and have the mirror pockets stitched shut and sealed? The mirror pockets aren't like a pants pocket - it's a rounded area - there's cutting and fitting that would have to be done, but it seems possible. Should make for the most expensive pwc cover ever... :banghead:

Why not just get a hood with the mirrors on it? You could probably get one from ebay for $40.

Hmmm - hadn't even thought of going that route - Do you think the hoods from a later model w/mirrors would bolt in and still fit my gauges and/or wiring harness etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back