96 gsx bogs down

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

alamohydroseed

hey guys I have a 96 gsx that just wont go... it stays at low rpms and as you adjust the throttle it just gets worse. it did break out one time at the end of last summer and it ran super for about 5 min. then back to bogging down. I understand the grey fuel lines are an issue on my model so today i cut one out and inspected it carefully. no breakdown or green slime or anything...they look new. what else could it be?

you need to inspect the line where it meets a brass fitting. You probably wont see the goo in the middle of a line run. Bogging is almost ALWAYS carbs gummed up with that crap or other junk. Avoiding changing the gray lines is not the solution. Did you ever figure out your pump issue with oil leak? good luck

you need to inspect the line where it meets a brass fitting. You probably wont see the goo in the middle of a line run. Bogging is almost ALWAYS carbs gummed up with that crap or other junk. Avoiding changing the gray lines is not the solution. Did you ever figure out your pump issue with oil leak? good luck

Totally agree!!

Get rid of those grey fuel lines open the carbs and pull out the internal filters.
Guarantee they are full of gunk. Clean the carbs completely and replace those filters.
Guarantee the fuel selector valve is partially clogged as well. Get a New one

Good luck!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep... what they said.

But, I would check the compression too.

Also... make sure the RAVE vales are closing.

thanks for the advice...im gonna take off the carbs and check those filters and chg those fuel lines and the fuel selector. then the pump on the other ski...this san antonio weather is givin me lake fever

Your whole fuel delivery system needs the hoses changed, cleaned, carb. overhaul. You're going to find green goo everywhere.

Lou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back