951 X4

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all, I am just wanting to make sure I am covered before I jump into this build. I understand this will take alot of time and money and want to start the project. I am the patience and the passion for this.

So, my two donors will be a 96 SPX x4 and a 98 GSX limited.

I understand I will need to glass in a new front motor mount, relocate exhuast on other side. With full donor ski, what all will I switch over? Is there anything else I will need to glass in if I go that route?

If possible, I just want a list of every single thing I will need to do from syart to finish to ensure I will simply be able to do it.

My main worry is getting the stock 155mm pump onto where the stock SPX one was. I am a little confused and look through many forums. What all do I have to do to get this fitted up? What about cooling?

Thank you in advance!

I cut down a XPL pump shoe and ground out the hull to match it. Took a lot of time and fiberglassing but the pump is easy to install/remove now. I added a second cooling line where the reverse would be on the shoe.

For the motor mount, you can make a mount or there's a guy that welds a new mount on your mag cover if you don't want to fiberglass one in the hull.

I cut down a XPL pump shoe and ground out the hull to match it. Took a lot of time and fiberglassing but the pump is easy to install/remove now. I added a second cooling line where the reverse would be on the shoe.

For the motor mount, you can make a mount or there's a guy that welds a new mount on your mag cover if you don't want to fiberglass one in the hull.
Sadly the mag cover weld would not work because my hull was made for a 717. So it doesn't have any front mounts.

Do you have any photos of the process that you did for the pump shoe? I figure if I am already going to have to fiberglass some more wouldn't hurt.

Also, do you have the contact info that the welder for the front mount. Wanting to get that sent out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back