951 le di p0230

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

seadoonewb23

I have a 03 seadoo sportster 951 le di. I am currently stuck in limp mode throwing a p0230 which is fuel primary circut malfunction. Also it will not idle it stalls out unless I am right above idle speed makes it a pain to dock or trailer. Replaced fuel pump with one from high flow and still have beep code (2 second beep minute intervals). Well I checked out my wires didn't see any corrosion, checked all fuses and none blown. Any ideas why else I am throwing this code. TIA

This may sound strange... but check your voltage at the battery with a meter. Since it is starting... I'm wondering if it's passing AC, or going over voltage. If it does... the computer will do wacky stuff.

Yep... by 3K rpm or so... you should see a rise in voltage. It may not happen immediately if the batteyr is a little weak... but after a minute or two... it should push over 13v. Also... when regulators go bad, it can pass AC power, and cause all kinds of issues.

OK. Let us know what you come up with. Just an FYI... DO NOT start the boat hooked to a charger. If you get a voltage spike... you will kill the MPEM.

I saw this says resistance is suppose to be 6-8 ohms between 4-24 and 4-26 I assume engine off battery on. And I had 1.1 ohms
4c8dfb31a520d39003fa44da2808b42e.jpg

When you check resistance... you don't need any power. but 1.1 ohm is very low.

OK... I'm thinking you have a couple problems. The fuel/error issue is gone... but now I'm thinking you have a broken reed in the cage. OR... your compression is low. OR... your air pressure is low. My gut feel is a reed.

The engine may be new... but when you install an SBT, you reuse your intake parts. TO look at the reeds... pull the intake manifold and pull the cages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back