95 Yamaha Waveraider revving up....

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
just replaced the reeds and put on new gaskets at each joint. Now when trying to get it to idle it will run fine for a about 10 secs and then its starts to rev up and I have to kill it. Everything is torqued down as it is supposed to be. I can only assume an air leak. Im going to try and richen up the low screws and see if that helps. Otherwise what do I do?

tore apart everything back down to the reeds. Used paper gaskets with a light coat of gasket maker at each joint. Buttoned her back up and she ran great. Took her out for 1hr shakedown and she ran perfect. Went out today and rode down to half a tank from full and then she started bogging and wouldn't plane off. Got her home, compression fine, plugs dirty but not fouled, spark is good, and no blowing fuel out the intake so the reeds should still be good. Out of the water once home and on the hose after checking everything she seemed to be running fine again and was able to rev it like normal. Will have to take back to the river and test but any thought what could be an issue? or was the issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back