95 XP800 ... new addition to me!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdanthony

Just pick it up! I'll post some more picture when I wash it lol.... got a bunch of goodies on it, pretty excited!
IMG_2651.JPG
IMG_2648.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to get this one fixed up. I've been searching for a 95 xp800 for along time. This one just happens to have some goodies on it too!

I see a Yamaha water box, FPP, miller head, aftermarket carbs, umi, sponsons, nozzles, tabs, bar risers

It is a Spec 2 pipe and the water injection was left off on purpose. It has reverse cooling. Is there a hose coming off the side of the pump? If so that's dual cooling.

When you pull the flame arrestors does it have black billet cones? I think it might. Those carbs have the shafts cut down to fit in that direction under the manifold like that. That's a pretty big league trick. I think I know who did it.

Matt, no hoses from the pump. It looks like the carb tops are black . There's water lines ran all over though

Be sure to mark where those water lines go. It's not random. I bet that motor has some porting in it. Looking forward to seeing the inside.

The guy I got it from said its ported and polished, bad part.... The lower end is shot. The bearings. Plus I think their is a crack somewhere on the bottom, it's leaking oil. But I won't know till I take it all apart. Was told the entire engine is newly built with 3 hours, but the crank is super tight. Compression was great! But won't turn over with the plugs in now

Be careful taking it apart. There are a lot of work in those cases and cases are a matched set. I have them if you need them but let's see what it looks like in there.

Does this thing even have "a tight crank"? SBT cranks are welded so they don't twist. It sounds to me like the previous owner was confused. I'd start with the basics.

I agree! I like basics.. Lol . I took a video of the noise it makes. But I don't know how to upload it. I can move the motor 1/4 back n forth now by hand. It sounds like two gears are t in line with each other, or a gear is hitting the case. But I guess we will see!

Have not seen the vid but it sounds like a toasted brass rotary valve gear. If you see brass shavings in the oil you drain from there that will confirm it. I didn't realize it was not spinning over freely with the plugs out. Sounds like you will have to dive in.

Depends on what you want to do with the ski. Right now it's a full blown buoy racer that requires race gas. If the previous owner skipped that then that's probably what happened to the engine.

Oh don't get me wrong, I want to rebuild this one! I wasn't just messing with a reman . I willing to bet he put regular gas in it... would that destroy the entire engine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back