95 XP Problems Starting

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

smprindi

Just had my 95 XP out for the first time this weekend after winter. Installed new battery. When I installed new battery the machine would periodically beep without the lanyard in place. When I put the lanyard on and tried to start the machine it would not always turn over and try to start when I would hit the start/stop button. Sometimes it would, but sometimes it wouldn't. It would also turn over and try to start when I wasn't hitting the start stop button. Playing with the lanyard button would seem to trigger the machine to try and start without hitting the start button. The machine would ultimately turn over and start and I used it several times over a several hour period (It never tried to start without the lanyard in place, and pulling the lanyard always killed the engine). The last time I tried to use it, everytime the machine would start it would kill a second or two later, not like it was having engine problems but more like the electrical system was telling it to stop. After doing this about 10 times in succesion, everything went dead. Battery is still fine but when the lanyard is in place there is no power to the guages and nothing happens when you try to start it. Thoughts? Satey switch? stop/start assembly? Where do I start? Thank you in advance for your help.

Right now the machine is at our vacation home so I won't be able to check it or work on it until the fourth of July weekend. Beyond fuses, are there any parts that you think are likely bad that I can order to be prepared?

with it, having mind of its own, id take gander at the start/stop button, and kill button. Something weird right there..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back