95 xp problem turning over?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

teep420

Hi guys and gals I have a seadoo xp and it has problems turning over. I replaced the starter and it's not the battery. When I'm trying to start it I can tap the front of the motor where the starter goes in and it will start to turn over. Is that a gear box that might just need cleaned out? Also when it used to turn over it would take a minute to start almost like it's flooded (which probably adde to the starter problem). When it would start I noticed it was best to turn the gas off before I shut it off so you could restart it easier which sounds even more like it's flooding. Float stuck? Any advice would be much appreciated! And one more thing. It's a 95 so I'd like to bypass the oil injection before it dies. Not sure exacly how but I figured if I put mixed gass in both tanks it wouldn't matter if it quit injecting. Is that dooable? Please help!!!

Starter....

What else is the starter doing? When you try to start it, does it just click, grind, spin over without engaging the flywheel?

The carbs on the Seadoo's are floatless, so you don't have flooding caused by that. You may have a sticking needle valve or its time for a rebuild. Make sure you don't have grey fuel lines.

Do not mix gas in your oil tank. You need to keep the oil tank even if you go premix because of the rotary chamber. The worm gear for your rotary valve will need to continue to be lubricated. You can disconnect the shaft to the oil pump and block the lines or order the oil block off plate kit.:cheers:

Back