95 XP No accelerate until jump and impeller gets out of water

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rlaneville

I have a 95 XP that have the carb rebuilt all gray lines replaced, fuel selector cleaned, etc. Has a fairly new Solas and wear ring and a Factory Pipe. It has sluggish acceleration and goes about 1/2 speed. If you can jump it a little and get the impeller out of the water and wound up it goes like crazy but if you drop down again you have to jump it to get it going. Jets, idle and high and low adjusters are at factory settings. Had the carbs off a few times to check for debris and also check the fuel filter. Went through all adjustments and pop off is at 51 on both carbs. Compression is a little low at 120 on both cylinders. Any ideas?

Do you think that would do it? Pop off spec on this ski is 40-56. Read a lot of the forum and still don't quite grasp what effect the pop off pressure has. What does too high or low actually do?

I don't mind doing the top end, but I'm a little worried that I might do it and end up with the same issue.

Yep... what he said.

Your compression is down to the point where you just aren't making power.

And yes... you are in spec on the pop-off... but you are on the high end. I would like to see it closer to 42~43 psi. BUT... as before... your top-end is gone, and it's time for a rebuild.

To answer, the pop-off regulates how much fuel is let into the fuel basin. It does this by spring tention. Thanks for asking.

That sounds to me like the lower the pop-off the more fuel and higher means less fuel?

Going to do the top end. New SeaDoo owner so haven't had one apart yet. I have a shop and parts manual, but how much needs to actually come off to do the top end? Obviously the pipe and carbs, but intake and exhaust manifolds? Would rather not pull the motor.

Wiseco or WSM piston kit?

If it were my ski, I would remove the head, take the jugs off and send them to full bore. They'll send them back bored, with new pistons and all necessary gaskets. Makes it real easy.

Here's a link to their site.

http://www.fullboreonline.com/

Lou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back