95 xp - help setting vts angle

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

graphicideas1

My VTS is not working and want to set my trim nozzel manually. What angle would be the best all around setting? Pics would be great

Last edited by a moderator:
It depends on how much load you're carrying and where you sit on the seat, generally set the VTS around middle range.

Question: How do you set the VTS manually?

Lou

It depends on how much load you're carrying and where you sit on the seat, generally set the VTS around middle range.

Question: How do you set the VTS manually?

Lou

My VTS motor works fine, the peoblem is the potted control box is bad. I jump the motor wires and can get it to work.

My motor is locked up and all you have to do to set it manually is undo the 4 bolts holding the motor in and put it out and twist the shaft either way to move up and down. Thats what I did for mine.

I adjusted my from outside the engine compartment, I adjusted the VTS by backing off off the adjuster (rod) that is connected to the prop? Works fine, and mine is adjusted just at level.

David

My motor is locked up and all you have to do to set it manually is undo the 4 bolts holding the motor in and put it out and twist the shaft either way to move up and down. Thats what I did for mine.

this is the best way IMO

if you ride in chop of 2" or more. set it all the way down, if not you will not be able to feel your butt(and other things) at the end of the day.

you can get a 1 consant power 2-way on toggle switch and just run an inline fuse with new wires if you motor is not locked up.
it is also possable to repair- locked up vts motors. i'm thinking of maybe starting a service for it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back