95 xp fuel issues

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barnsnelbon

So I put my 95 xp in the water for the first time after it sitting for 6 years. I have replaced the fuel am oil lines and it was running great and then started having issues it would only go up to about 4000 rpm for a while. Then it would t even go to 3 now it's worse cj checked the fuel filter and it had what looked like sand in it. I cleaned it out and it ran fine for a couple minuets then had the same problem again it keeps clogging the filter. I'm guessing that either the tank is falling apart in side or there is just bunch of junk in there what should I do? Any idea what is causeing this

Sand??

Nothing breaks down, and looks like sand.

BUT... if the RPM's aren't crisp, and high... DO NOT KEEP RIDING IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2-strokes eat themselves quick. If it's hot, or running lean... the engine is dying.

1) OK... since you abused the engine... start with a compression check.

2) since it sat that long, I would simply take the entire fuel system apart, and clean it.

3) If there are still Tempo hoses on it... replace ALL of them with back rubber fuel lines.

I replaced all the fuel lines accept for the air vent hoses because I an out of clamps but I'm planning to do that when I get back from vacation. I opened up the carbs an they looked fine it wasn't running hot. The fuel gauge kept going to zero and the light came one when I still had more than half a tank

What I don't understand is why it would work fine and then start having issues gunk in the tank is the only reason I can think of for it doing this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back